- Goldman Sachs CEO: Bitcoin will eventually be worth more than gold
According to 21st Century Business Herald on May 21, David Solomon, CEO of Goldman Sachs, predicted that the cryptocurrency will see “major changes” in the next few years. Regarding some of the challenges facing cryptocurrency, he added, “We have significant regulatory restrictions around us, and we play a principled role around cryptocurrency like Bitcoin.” What’s more, Solomon believes it’s inevitable that bitcoin’s market value will level with gold and then eventually rise above it. He thinks bitcoin is “more like gold than a crypto-asset for payment, so its value will continue to rise in the coming years.
2. The SEC chairman: regulators should be prepared to prosecute encryption in areas such as bad actors;
3. The SEC accused Ripple of “misstating” the fairness principle;
4. Fortune Holdings plans to launch cryptocurrency trading services in the United States, Singapore, and Hong Kong, China;
5.Coinbase is in the process of acquiring asset manager Osprey Funds;
6. Musk: Bitcoin mining is starting to use more energy than a medium-sized country;
7. Major League Soccer unveils its first NFT artwork;
on May 21, according to Decrypt, the MLS announced that will roll out related four NFT works of art related to the upcoming two big games this weekend. Reportedly, it is the first time that MLS release a federation-approved NFT.
8. Powell: The Federal Reserve will release a report on U.S. digital currencies this summer;
9. Zero is digitizing a $25 million stake in an oil and gas fund;
10. The US Treasury Department wants encrypted transfers of up to $10,000 to be reported to the IRS.